What is the PicTapGo App Extension?
In addition to launching PicTapGo from the iOS Home Screen, you can also use PicTapGo from the iOS Photos app for quick edits, via the PicTapGo App Extension.
- Open a photo in the Photos app
- Press the Edit button in the top left
- Press the button with three dots (...) in the top left
- Select PicTapGo
Edits you make in the App Extension are non-destructive, and can be revised in later editing sessions either in the App Extension, or the main PicTapGo app. (Edits in the main app are also non-destructive in this way, unless you have Save as a Copy enabled in Settings.
Limitations of the App Extension
The App Extension is somewhat limited in its capabilities compared to the full app. In particular, from the App Extension:
- Many features aren't available, including app settings, subscription management, in-app help, or recipe exporting.
- The Share screen is unavailable, along with all its features, including batch editing and canvas options.
- Changes will always be saved back to your original image, rather than as a copy (this behavior can be enabled in the main app too, via the Settings Screen, if desired)
- Rendering will always be with a lower-quality 8bpp pathway, internally.
- Due to Apple's memory limitations on app extensions, the app will generally be less stable, and may crash when trying to edit large photos, or when using several filters.
We recommend you use the app the "normal" way, via the iOS Home Screen, but the App Extension is available if you prefer working in the iOS Photos app.